Saturday, March 1, 2008

Stay positive


“Stay positive”. Every time I see this pen, I always think of what a cartoonist encouraged me. This pen is a gift which I got from a cartoonist who is a customer in the restaurant where I work in.

The cartoonist often came to restaurant for meal. He always brought his pen and book so that he could draw when he ate food. At that time, I liked to stand near him and looked at what and how he drew. However, he was so earnest that he never noticed me.

One time, I couldn’t help myself and asked him “how can you draw so well?” “Keep practicing”, he smiled. “Actually, I like drawing; however, I don’t have talent for drawing.” I felt disappointed. “I don’t think so, just keep practicing and stay positive. Don’t give up” He encouraged me. Through that conversation, I knew that he was a cartoonist who drew for children.

At the other time, after he finished his meal, he left his pen on the table, and the pen was put in a chopsticks’ bag. I ran out and return pen to him. To my surprise, he smiled and encouraged me that “you can keep this pen, stay positive and keep practicing.” At that moment, I moved by the way that he encouraged me. He also revised my opinion; I learned that whether you have talent or not, stay positive and keep practicing, you may success.

“Thank you” It just what I can say. I will keep this pen that can make me stay positive. I will maintain my hobby of drawing even though I am not good at it. “Stay positive, keep practicing”

4 comments:

Allen said...

if i were him, i will say "you will success", not "you may success"!

erta said...

I like your story "Stay Positive" it's very inspiring. I wish you success in life.

Denise said...

That's a great story and a cool cartoon. It's also a very good message to remember.

stephy said...

I hope you will success in your career... go on, and go on...