Monday, March 10, 2008

Don’t Give Up When No Money

Do you know about the Asian Financial Crisis? It was the most terrible circumstance in Asia. First, it started at Thailand in 1997 June, and then it swept quickly to all Asia countries. All of the Asia countries were affected. Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Taiwan, Philippines and Korea’s financial were changed a lot when it happened. I remember the Asian Financial Crisis a lot because it changed my family to become stronger.

At 2007 October, the Asian Financial Crisis arrived to Hong Kong. Hong Kong was a finance market, and finance was the most important thing in Hong Kong. When it arrived, the finance fell down quickly, and it affected Hong Kong’s economy a lot. It made lot of company closed, so many people lost their job. Lot of people got trouble, they lost all the money in one day. My father and mother worked at real estate together. They lost their job at the same time because their company was closed together. Most of landed estate was closed because the Asian Financial Crisis made the entire house price fell down, and no one bought a house. That made a big crisis in my family because both lost their job in the same time, so it meant no income anymore.

They tried to find a job instantly, but that was hard because too many people were looking for a new job at the same time. And most of company wouldn’t invite people because they were not known when their company would close. After one month, my family felt sorrowfully. We heard of suicide every few days in the news. I started worrying about my parents, so I told my parents that we could solve it together. After I said that, they hold me in the arm and told me that they wouldn’t give-up.

In first month, we designed to save money as we could. We didn’t turn on a light in the morning to save more electricity fee. Mostly, we would eat fish every three days in a week, because my parents love seafood. But we changed to eat the cheaper food every day, like tofu, mushroom, and all the cheaper food. We took a short shower everyday to save the water fee. And it worked eventually, and we save a lot of money.

After two weeks, my father found a new job, so we could solve a normal problem. After one more month, my mother got a new job, too. After they found a new job, we could return a normal life. And we tried to help our friends because we knew lot of people need helped.

Finally, we didn’t lose to the Asian Financial Crisis, and we got stronger after it. We learned that everything could be solved if we stay together.

Finally, we didn’t lose to the Asian Financial Crisis, and we got stronger after it. We learned that everything could be solved if we stay together.



No comments: