Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Small Precious!

A Small Precious!
It was eight years ago. I was 12 years old. I was trying to find my necklace in my mom’s make-up case, because I remembered that I put it on my mom’s cosmetic table one day. I finally saw something with little sparkling. I pick it up, and it was a gold ring with few of diamonds. I tried to wear it, and it fitted me as my ring. I felt I found something much better than the one that I was trying to find. Therefore, I wore it and forgot about my own ring. The day after that day, my sister and I went to our aunt’s house. We sat in dining room to have a wonderful dinner. The food was really great, hot sticky rice with bunch of little dishes. Of course I was wearing the ring that I found. My aunt grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled at her back with a bit of scares, because I didn’t even tell my mom that I found the ring form her desk and I was wearing it! I thought she knew that, so she was going to say something to me. However, my aunt started to talk about the ring to my sister and me. The ring was my mom’s, and she got it when she was same age as me form her dad. When my mom was turned to middle age of twenty’s, she gave it to her younger sister who I was having the dinner with. After few years, my aunt gave the ring to my sister. The ring had got back home again. My sister already recognized the ring as soon as she saw it on my finger, but she didn’t say anything. Therefore, I felt like the ring is our little heritage ring from my mom, aunt, and sister. I am keeping this ring with me today, and I will give it to my future daughter with its history. Of course I am keeping the ring in my ehart forever, even after I give it to my future daughter.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love family heirlooms like this that can be passed from generation to generation.