Thursday, March 6, 2008

Reform Policy in My Family






Yongxian Chen
February 23 2008
Final Draft
Reform Policy in My Family
Many people respect and love Chairman Mao in the world, but I do not like him. Because when Chairman Mao was seventy two years old, he said that knowledge was useless idea, and then he launched the Great Proletarian Culture Revolution. The Great Proletarian Culture Revolution hurt all intelligentsia for ten years. The Proletarian Culture Revolution was that all intelligentsia were sent to the farm to work. They became peasants. Chairman Mao said that intelligentsias were “foul old dogs”. Therefore, more stupid people dishonored them. Know-nothing people had power and worked in the factory in the city. Consequently, people didn’t want to go to school because of unused knowledge. As the result, China fell behind in the world previously. When Chairman Mao died, everything was revised. Xiao Ping, Dong became the second leader in my country, furthermore, he advocated reform. Consequently, he switched many policies. His reform policy made us very happy. There are three reasons that reform Policy made my family very excited.
First reason, my father was respected again in the society after reform policy. Before reform policy, nobody respected us because my father was a “foul old dog”. Those know-nothing people dishonored and hurt my father. Sometime people threw garbage to hit him, so he hadn’t self-esteem. Therefore, his life was very hard. He suffered. However, Chairman Dong paid attention to talent, thus he arranged all intelligentsia came back form village to work in the city. Consequently, my father came back from countryside. He worked in a high school. My father was very smart. He loved his students. Everyone respected my father. When my father was sick, many people greeted to him. When he walked everywhere, people always said “hello” to him. By that time, my father and my family felt more proud because we were respected again. The reform policy not only arranged intelligentsia status but also improved peasant’s life level.
The second reason was my family life level was improved after the reform policy. My family owned our field since Chairman Dong practiced farmland reform policy that all field were distributed to every family. We could plant many kinds of crops. When crops lot harvested, we had more farm product, consequently, we had adequate food to eat. My family could feed ten big pigs very year. My family could sell pigs by ourselves, so my family owned money. Therefore, we could buy clothes and built a big house. We didn’t worry about our clothes, eat, and life any more. Before reform policy all fields and farm products belonged to the government. In addition, in my family only my mother worked; consequently, my family shared only little farm product. So we had not adequate food to eat and clothes to wear. The reform policy not only improved our life level but also improved our knowledge.
The third reason, we could enhance our knowledge because of chairman Dong changed education policy. It means that people had to take a test and get excellent grades, and then they could go to the college or university. Because Chairman Dong promoted knowledge useful ideas in the whole country, my old sister, two brothers and I could go to college and university. My old sister was an accounted, my two brothers were engineers, and I was a teacher. We could use our knowledge to work at difference Companies and schools. Because before policy that people didn’t take a test, those know-nothing people were sent directly to the university.
For example, Zheng tie Sheng became a hero in the university because his grade was zero. As a result, if the education policy never changes, our knowledge was very poor; and we would still live in a poor village. Consequently, when the policy was switched, my family was very excited
, As you can see, chairman Dong’s reform policy made my family very cheerful. My family had a big excellent change. It switched our personality, and it improved our life level and knowledge. I hope very family has a very good change as my family did after the reform policy. I hope those poor countries as China implement good reform polic

No comments: