Monday, March 3, 2008

Candy's Electronic Dictionary


I think my electronic dictionary is valuable for me now, and I carry it every day since I came to Chicago. It’s a little assistant for me. It is my sister gave me before I immigrated. She decided the electronic dictionary will help me to study English, and open the life easily in the U.S.A. Yes, it does. It has a lot of function; for example, play mp3 and game, show pictures, edit documents, translate sentences and vocabulary from English to Chinese, grammar and so on. It shows color syllable of each word that may me easy to pronounce. It saves a lot time for me to use paper dictionary to check the vocabulary.
The first experience of the electronic dictionary for me was to take the writing text for my driver license in May last year by myself. I just had come in Chicago for four months in then, and my English was poor. When the worker talked to me that if I passed the writing test I will get a permit to drive. Suddenly, I was wooden. What’s mean of permit, and how to spell. I carried out my electronic dictionary, and passed it to the worker. Finally, I got the permit mean, and knew what I was going to do for my driver license. Since then, I dare go out alone with my electronic dictionary.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I think you are right to call your dictionary a "little assistant." I know how important it is to you and many other students as well.