Thursday, March 6, 2008

Life Becoming Better


The experts estimate people living standard in China will catch up with the U.S.A in the year of 2025. Since the 1st of October in 1949, the People’s Republic of China had established a fast economy. As the economy was developing, the citizen’s lives needed more resource to protect. After Dengxiaoping brought up the policy of the reform and opening-up thirty years ago, the basic terms were to guarantee the citizen’s basic lives requirements beside to develop economy. As a result, my family received a lot of benefits from the reform and opening-up.
First, the government improved the sea, land and sky traffic that make our lives more convenient. I have took 2 trips to Hong Kong by boat, and the boat reached the Hong Kong downtown directly that made my trips convenient and saved time for shopping. My father usually drive the car to my grandparents’ house and the drives just need fifteen minutes instead of before my father rowed an hour boat to go. If my family sends a mail to me, and I can receive the mail the next day of when they sent. Those conveniences depended on the traffic improved.
Since the land development, the economic profit provides the citizen basic terms in education, health wealth and retired plan. My four siblings all accepted the nine-year compulsory education that the school supported by the economic profit. My seven family members all have the health plan. We just need to pay 20% when we go to see a doctor. Also, my family members all have retirements. We can get two hundred and fifty RMB after age of 60.
The economic development brought along the scientific technological progress, especially in home electric products. In the kitchen, electric cookers make my mother’s work simple. In the living room, TV and telephone are the best way to connect to the rest of the world. My parents can know what happened in the U.S.A on TV and call me directly in my home town. In the bedrooms, there are cold/warm air conditioners to make the sleep environment comfortable. As you can see, my family received the benefits from the traffic change, the health wealth, and the scientific technological progress that all are base on the economic development of the reform and opening-up. The economic development brought up the social progressive that accompanied with us to grow up. We can feel people’s living standard is progressing day after day.

1 comment:

Denise said...

You were very specific with your details about what things improved and changed for your family.