Monday, April 7, 2008

Lorna Doone (Book 3)

The book was written by R. D. Blackmore. The story happened in 1673 in a valley of England. Young John Ridd, a farmer’s son, meets a gentle little girl called Lorna Doone. Seven years later they meet again, and fall in love. But the Doones are a family of robbers and murderers. One of them killed John’s father. John is ordered by the government to help stop a rebellion against the king and destroy the Doones. John did them and saved Lorna. I liked this book because it was interesting, well-written, and mysterious.
Before reading the book, I looked at the front and back cover which were interesting. The picture, pretty Lorna and story line attracted my attention. The main characters and story plot interested me. I wanted to know what John did and whether he can save Lorna. These things kept me interested in the book.
While reading the book, I thought it was easy to understand because it was well-written. I don’t understand many English books because they are difficult for me. This book is good for people who are learning English. It provides a step-by-step approach to the joys of reading for pleasure. Although there were some new words, I could understand the meaning of the word from its context. I really enjoyed reading this book because the author wrote it well.
After reading the book, I became aware of this story’s mystery. Lorna was not a Doone; she was the daughter of Lord Dugal. John stopped the rebellion against the King, destroyed the Doones, and saved Lorna. John and Lorna married and were very happy. I enjoyed this mystery story.
As a result, Lorna Doone was an interesting, well-written, and mysterious book. It kept me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the author’s writing and the mystery story. The story tell us: The robbers and murderers are always destroyed; people have rights to beat evil and get happy lives.

No comments: